Sunday 1 May 2011

Things You Never Thought....

The rest of the title would be "Michelle Would Do!", but the truth is, the list can be used to describe many moms out there.  I could of name it, "You Would Do, Until You Become A Mom!", but it was too long.  Enough with the name, let's get started!

#1: I have started to think about consigning mine and my husband's gently used clothes instead of tossing it!  I'm not saying some single ladies or wives are not doing this already, but during my pre-mommy times, I would of toss it or gave it to a friend or family member or Goodwill/Salvation Army.  Please note, we are still planning to donate to Goodwill/Salvation Army, but there are those items that you have only wore once or twice and you keep it until "the next time you have a chance to wear it", those are the items that are really meant for consigning.

#2: Making my own crafts, and possibly thinking of selling them.  Oh, I can see my best friend's face as she's reading those words and laughing out loud in her chair.  But, do you know how many moms out there that are doing the above mentioned thing?!?  I think there is at least 30 in Edmonton alone!  And as far as I'm concern, it's survival of the fittest!  In other words, who can make whatever it may be the best and sell them at the lowest cost!  Also, this would be my "ME" time!

#3: I try to make an effort to cook everyday (from scratch)!  When my husband and I first got married, we ate out 3-5 times a week!  Now, with the little one, not only do we not have time to go places, but ordering food barely ever seems to be the first thing that comes to mind.  Not only does it save us some coin, but I have come to enjoy being in the kitchen and being in my "Zen" place; it has become quite therapeutic!  Oh yes, and we live in a small town with no franchise brand name restaurants.

#4: Give up my sense of style for comfort!  Wait, I'm not saying I have let myself go, or at least I don't think so, but the high heels, pretty blouses, dress pants, etc... are hiding in my closet behind my hoodies, jeans, tank tops and t-shirts!  Its just not plausible to wear those pretty things with an infant who constantly drools, spews, urinate, etc... on you and your clothes.  Also, pretty clothes are not made for breastfeeding!  Can you imagine unbuttoning a blouse when your crying child needs food?!?  I'm sure you can get real good at it, but too inconvenient for this mama!

I think this will be all for now!  Before you are all bored with me and never come back! (Just kidding!)

Cheers!! :)

1 comment:

  1. I think your blog is better than mine, lol. Much less cynical and rage-filled, anyway.

    ReplyDelete